Recipe from: The Kitchen at Gourmet Food World
Time: 5 minutes Level: Super Simple
- A hearty country white bread with a crunchy crust and soft interior, sliced to about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch slices
- Truffle cheese. We recommend our Sottocenere Al Tartufo or Boschetto. Sliced to 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Truffle butter. We recommend our Italian Black Truffle Butter. About a teaspoon per sandwich.
- Clove of fresh garlic, peeled, cut in half.
- Toast the bread on a grill, or broil it in the oven. Just enough to give it a light crunchy crust.
- Take your two pieces of toasted bread and lightly rub one side with the cut garlic. Take the other piece of bread and spread about 1 teaspoon of truffle butter over it.
- Lay on the sliced truffle cheese and return to a 350 degree oven for about 5-8 minutes. Just watch it and when the cheese looks like it’s starting to melt out, it’s done.
- Slice and serve immediately while it’s warm, gooey and truffley delicious.