This is one of my personal favorite pizzas. The taste of truffles and prosciutto marry perfectly on this thin crust pizza.
Recipe from: The Kitchen at Gourmet Food World
Time: 15 minutes (not including pizza dough making) Level: Super Simple
- 6-8 ozs of Sottocenere Al Tartufo, truffle cheese, shredded
- 1 ball Fresh Mozzarella di Buffala, sliced thin and diced.
- Approximately 1/3 cup of Passata Rustica (Crushed Tomatoes, pureed)
- 6-8 slices of Prosciutto Americano
- Fresh Truffle (optional – it definitely adds to the taste, texture and look of the pie, but we know they’re not always available)
- White Truffle Oil for drizzling
- 1 thin crust pizza dough rolled out (see previous recipe)
- Place a pizza stone (or the flat side of a solid cast iron grill) in your oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- With your thin crust pizza dough rolled out on your cookie sheet (refer to the thin crust pizza dough recipe) add the passata rustica and spread out with the back of a soup spoon. The sauce is not going to cover every square inch – just add enough so it is spread out on the dough.
- Cover with the shredded Sottocenere al Tartufo cheese and the Fresh Mozzarella di Buffala. Don’t put too much cheese on the pizza or it will spill out all over while cooking. Add enough to cover the pizza with a thin layer.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 5-7 minutes until the pizza crust is lightly browned and the cheese is all melted.
- Remove from oven and layer the prosciutto on top of the pizza, and then lightly drizzle with some truffle oil (not that much, just a light random drizzle). Slice and serve!