Warm Goat Cheese Crostini
Easy but sophisticated, this delicious goat cheese crostini is ready in 15 minutes. Serve it over a bed of greens with sweet dried fruit, crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds, and drizzled with an accompanying vinaigrette for a light, delicious lunch. It’s also equally great by itself as an easy appetizer for when friends drop by. Pair it with a chilled grass of Sancerre (or your favorite white wine), and enjoy all season long.
- For Crostini
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 slices fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup caramelized walnuts (for garnish)
- Honey (for garnish)
- For Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tsp. whole grain mustard
- For Salad
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup yellow raisins
- 1/8 cup dried apricots
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup oven-roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1. In a large bowl, mix in cranberries, apricots, raisins, pumpkin seeds, greens and shredded lettuce. Set aside.
- 2. For the dressing, mix the vinegar, olive oil, mustard and honey in a small bowl, and whisk until the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth. This can be made in advance and refrigerated until use.
- 3. In a large baking sheet, arrange the bread slices, and top with a 1/2-inch slice of goat cheese. Bake for about 5 minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble and just starts to brown.
- 4. While it bakes, mix the salad greens with the dressing. Serve the goat cheese crostini right warm, drizzled with honey and garnished with a couple of caramelized walnuts, over the bed of dressed greens.