Halloween pie recipe: Easy Spiderweb Pie! Photo by: Easy Providence @ www.easyprovidence.com
Are you ready for Halloween?? Not really? We can relate. We’re usually so frazzled and hectic that by the time Halloween eve finally rolls by, we have to fashion the old “bed-sheet-as-toga” costume (and even then we can’t seem to find enough safety pins to keep the darn thing together!).
The code for this Halloween pie recipe is “spookily simple”. Really, it doesn’t even involve a recipe!
Pie + Whipped Cream + Chocolate Sauce = Halloween pie!
Cover your favorite pie (from your kitchen or from the store) with a healthy (and yummy) amount of whipped cream, and then create circles with chocolate sauce. A toothpick or spoon is all you need to turn the chocolate sauce into a fun spiderweb pattern! Add a few novelty spiders (or, try edible ones if you can find them!), and your easy-as-pie Halloween dessert is DONE. Whip this baby up, and you’ll have plenty of time to scavenge for safety pins!
Wishing you a ghoulishly good Halloween!
- Your favorite pie (made or bought)
- whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- novelty plastic spiders (or edible ones, if you can find them!)
- 1. Get a pie. If you don’t want to make one, buy one.
- 2. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream over the top of your pie.
- 3. Take the chocolate sauce and make a circle pattern in your pie (like the one shown in the picture)
- 4. Take a toothpick or the back end of a spoon, and starting at the circle in the middle drag through all three lines until you reach the edge.
- 5. Repeat this until you’ve made dragged lines through your entire pie, a little bit apart.
- 6. Garnish with scary plastic spiders!