1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Roast the onions for about 30 minutes, until very soft & golden. When cool enough to
handle, peel away the skins & chop the onions finely or puree in a food processor.
3. When cool, place the onion puree in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining
4. Make deep incisions into the rabbit pieces to open up the flesh. Rub in the marinade,
working it well into the incisions. Cover the bowl & refrigerate overnight to marinate.
5. When ready to cook, preheat your barbeque or grill to medium. Season the rabbit
pieces, then grill, turning frequently & brushing liberally with olive oil every few
minutes. They will take around 5-10 minutes to cook, with the legs taking a little
longer than the filets. Serve piping hot, with wedges of lemon.