1. Rinse Black Japonica Rice 2-3 times in cold water until water runs clear.
Drain all water
2. In large pan, place 1 cup rice and 2 cups water (or chicken stock).
3. Bring rice and water to boil for one minute, cover and reduce heat.
4. Simmer 45 minutes, do not remove lid. Turn off heat, let sit covered for 10 minutes.
5. When rice is ready, heat Sesame Oil in medium sized skillet.
6. Add fennel, yellow pepper and green onions to skillet.
7. Cook 3-5 minutes over medium heat until tender crisp.
8. Add chopped chicken, Soy Sauce and spinach leaves.
9. Stir lightly until spinach leaves wilt slightly.
10. Pour fennel-chicken mixture into cooked rice and stir lightly.
11. Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds, if desired.