1. Stir the anchovy paste into the tomato juice until dissolved. Combine mixture with
chopped tomatoes, chicken broth, olive oil, vinegar, garlic in large mixing bowl. Whisk
together to blend.
2. Add the cucumbers, onion and basil to the soup mixture. Reserve two tablespoons of
the chopped red and yellow peppers for the garnish. Stir the remaining peppers into
the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until cold (approx. 4 hours)
3. Just before serving, whisk the sour cream with a cup of the soup mixture in a small
bowl to blend. Whisk into the remaining soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. To serve: Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with chopped red and yellow pepper,
sour cream and basil.
5. Can be prepared 8 hours in advance.