1. Season the duck with sea salt and pepper, cook with the shallots and salt pork in a
large (oven proof) stew pot over medium heat until the duck skin is golden-brown on
2. Flambe the duck with Brandy, add the bouquet garni and white cooking wine. Place in
350°F oven until done (about 1 hour), basting often.
3. Once cooked, remove the duck from the stew pot, carve and set aside on a warm
4. Use a small amount of poultry stock to deglaze the pan. The resulting sauce should be
rich and golden-brown.
5. Add the drained green peppercorns and serve separate from the duck in a sauce dish.