1. Trim leeks to about 5 inches and trim root ends. Cut each leek in half lengthwise and
wash well, discarding any tough outer leaves.
2. In a skillet just large enough to hold them in one layer, arrange leek halves, cut sides
down, and add enough water to reach halfway up sides of leeks. Simmer leeks,
covered, until tender about 5 to 10 minutes, and immediately plunge into a bowl of ice
3. In a small bowl whisk together sherry wine vinegar, shallots, mustard, sea salt and
black pepper to taste.
4. Add olive oil in thin steady stream while whisking.
5. Whisk vinaigrette until emulsified and whisk in capers and parsley.
6. Transfer leeks to paper towels. Pat and gently squeeze leeks until dry and divide
between 2 plates.
7. Spoon vinaigrette over each serving.