1. Put the lentils in a medium saucepan with the water and 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt.
Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer, partially covered, until the
lentils are tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Drain and return to the pan. Add 1/6 of the olive oil, 1/4 of the red wine vinegar, and
1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt. Mix gently and set aside.
3. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat 1/2 of the remaining olive oil over moderately low
heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the carrots, celery, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the sea salt. Cook, stirring
occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 of the remaining red wine vinegar. Combine the
cooked lentils with the vegetables.
6. In a small frying pan, toast the almonds over moderately low heat, stirring frequently,
until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Or toast them in a 350°F oven for 5 to 10
7. Shortly before serving, stir the almonds and parsley into the lentil mixture.
8. Put the greens in a large bowl and toss with the remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar,
and sea salt to taste.
9. Serve the lentil mixture over the greens.