1. Prepare the soba noodles following the package instructions just before stir-frying
and set aside. Sprinkle with a few drops of sesame oil to keep noodles from sticking
2. Make sauce of soy sauce, sake and sugar. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in large wok or skillet on medium heat and stir-fry pork with a pinch of salt
and pepper. Remove meat from skillet leaving oil in. Add garlic, ginger, onion, carrots
and mushrooms to the skillet and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add cabbage, stir-fry briefly. Add soba noodles. Pour in 1/2 of the yakisoba sauce and
stir-fry for a few minutes, making sure all ingredients are covered with the sauce.
Add meat back in. Taste and add additional sauce. Remove from heat.
5. Divide the yaki soba among 4-6 plates. Garnish with Beni Shoga and dried flaked
aonori seaweed just before serving. Makes 4-6 generous servings.