1. Prepare vinaigrette by whisking olive oil slowly into the sherry vinegar. Season with
salt and pepper and hold aside.
2. Split each Hearts of Palm stalk in half lengthwise. Lightly season with salt and pepper
then dust with flour. Coat with eggwash and then coat with bread crumbs.
3. Heat the canola oil in a hot saucepan and brown the breaded Hearts of Palm. Drain on
4. )Dress the mesclun with some of the vinaigrette. Place 3 pieces of Hearts of Palm in a
triangle on each salad plate. Place some mesclun in the middle of the triangle.
5. Sprinkle each salad with diced avocado, tomato and olives. Dress with some of the
remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with chopped cilantro.