Shipping & Processing Times
Shipping & Handling Rates
Returns & Exchanges
GourmetFoodWorld.com holds the highest quality standards of freshness and quality. To ensure that you receive all your products in optimal condition we carefully pack them in an insulated Styrofoam box with reusable ice gel packs. This packaging is designed to maintain full product freshness while in transit. Our stringent packing methods and temperature control packaging allows us to guarantee that our products will remain fresh and in their original condition even if ambient temperatures fall below zero or over 95 degrees Fahrenheit, regardless of carrier or transit times. Please be available to receive your shipment so that you can inspect it and refrigerate perishable items as soon as possible.
SHIPPING & PROCESSING TIMES
It can take up to 3 business days for orders to leave our warehouse. However, most (but not all) orders placed before 2:00 pm (EST) ship out the same day except on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Orders placed after 2:00 pm are processed the next business day. The 2:00 pm cut-off time may vary during the November and December holidays. Please note that delays may occur during transit due to weather conditions, product availability, national holidays, and other factors. NO ORDERS SHIP ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
Perishable items: Overnight shipping is required. Any order that contains a perishable item will be shipped using Overnight service.
Non perishable items: Ground, 2nd Day, and Overnight shipping is available.
Combined orders: If your order combines perishable and non-perishable items the entire order will be automatically classified as perishable and will ship Overnight.
|Each additional pound
We are happy to accept all orders from our customers, both large and small, however a typical package costs $8 to pack just in packing materials and handling costs. Instead of raising product costs or increasing shipping costs to offset this cost, we have decided to charge a handling fee on certain smaller orders and offer a shipping discount on larger orders as follows:
|$100.01 and up
Signature for delivery: a $3.00 fee if you require a signature, signature release is free.
Alaska and Hawaii: a $25 fee will be applied over our regular shipping prices (no ground delivery available).
At this time we are unable to offer delivery to P.O. boxes, or APO/FPO addresses.
Available for an additional $15 fee. You can select the date you want your order to arrive, even if it is a Saturday. To request delivery by a specific date, select I Want A Specific Delivery Date during checkout. A calendar will appear; just click on the date you want and the order will arrive on that date. An extra charge of $15 will be automatically added to the regular shipping charges if the date is a Saturday. Delivery is NOT available for Sundays or Mondays. Saturday delivery is not available in all areas. Delivery is not available on National Holidays.
We can ship any of our non-perishable items internationally. To place an international order please call us at 877.220.4181 as our website does not support international order delivery and payment.
- We are not aware of all governments' importation laws, so please first check with your government's customs or trade department to find out if there are any restrictions or required documentation for importing the products you are interested in.
- Although we always provide the standard paperwork to clear customs, it is possible that your local customs office may hold your order - we cannot be responsible for any items that are held by your local customs office.
- For all international orders, we will charge you for shipping based on the actual shipping charges we are charged. We ship all international orders with FedEx. We can provide a shipping estimate prior to placing your order, but we will not know actual shipping charges until the order has been delivered.
- You may also be responsible for paying duties and taxes for the delivery of your items. Although we try to have you charged direclty, sometimes we may be charged for the duties and taxes up to 3 months after your order has been delivered - in this event, we will send you a copy of the bill and charge your credit card for the duties and taxes.
- All sales are final for interinational orders as we can not accept returns of any products.
- For international orders, we can only ship to the billing address for the credit card used to pay for the order. If you need to ship to a different address, then we will require prior to processing your order a copy of your credit card (front and back) and a copy of a government issued id that has the same name as that of your credit card.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
We will be happy to arrange for a return of a product that you are not satisfied with, if that product is still in its original packaging – we cannot accept returns of opened or partially consumed items. To make sure that you are satisfied with the product you receive, inspect the contents as soon as they arrive. Due to the perishable nature of many of our products we can accept returns or exchanges only if you contact us within 24 hours of receipt of your order. Please store the items appropriately and call us at 877.236.9183 within 24 hours of receipt. We will arrange a return or exchange for you. Gourmet Food Store does not accept returns that have not been authorized, so we urge you not to refuse delivery or send back items without calling us before.
Once the items have been received back at our store a credit for the cost of the items will be issued to your account, unless you have selected an exchange. Shipping charges are non refundable.
We are not responsible for products that spoil due to: packages left at the door for extended periods of time, packages sent back to freight location because nobody was available to sign for them, or delays in delivery times due to incorrect or incomplete addresses.
We use a variety of carriers, including Fed Ex, UPS and DHL. Each is a reliable and established company which ensures that each order gets to its destination in a timely and appropriate manner. According to each order, we will ship using the carrier that we feel is best suited for the situation.
Our products are subject to availability due to seasonal variations. GourmetFoodWorld.com reserves the right to make changes to
it's pricing to reflect changes in market supply. We pledge to make the customer
aware of any changes as soon as it is possible. Our web site shows the most current and up-to-date pricing on all products.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please give us a call at 877.236.9183,
or email us at orders@GourmetFoodWorld.com, and our
knowledgeable Costumer Service representatives will be happy to assist you.