Skip to main content
A Chef's Marketplace of Ingredients,
Fine Foods & Gourmet Gifts
0 ITEMS, $0.00 Review Your Order CHECKOUT
Gourmet Food WorldPantryPolentaWhole Piquillo Peppers (Roasted Red Peppers)
Whole Piquillo Peppers (Roasted Red Peppers)

Whole Piquillo Peppers (Roasted Red Peppers)

from Peru by Del Destino
1 can - 5.5 lbs room temp $0.45 $39.42
6 cans - 5.5 lbs ea room temp $0.40 $212.88

Whole Piquillo Peppers (Roasted Red Peppers)

Piquillos are a unique little pepper that's typically found in Northern Spain, where it's popular in the cuisine of the region. The pepper, however, can be grown anywhere the weather is suitable, and sunny Peru is where these come from. The peppers are roasted slowly over embers (as opposed to a flame fire) and they develop a delicate and sweet smoky flavor, with a mild spiciness (they're not hot at all). Hand peeled, their seeds removed, you'll find piquillo peppers often stuffed with delicious mixtures and served as "tapas" or appetizers.

Since piquillos are not spicy, they’re really versatile and suitable for so many uses and applications. One of the most common recipes is stuffed piquillo peppers with soft goat cheese, which really marries well with the smoky sweetness of the pepper. Piquillos stuffed with chorizo and Manchego make a perfect tapas dish, for a Spanish-themed fiesta. Stuff then bake, and savor! You can also fill them up with seafood – crab and lobster are great pairings for piquillo peppers. Chop them up and incorporate them to salads and soups for a sweet and smoky twist.

Ingredients: Piquillo peppers, water, salt, sugar, citric acid and calcium chloride. Serving Size: 1/4 cup (60g), Servings Per Container: About 6, Amount Per Serving - Calories: 24, Calories from Fat: 0, Total Fat: 0, Saturated Fat: 0, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 135mg (6% DV), Total Carbohydrate: 4g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 7% DV, Vitamin C: 65%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 5%
Availability: Usually ships within 1 business days. Product is non-perishable and can ship via Ground service.
0 out of 5 stars rating(0.00)0 ratings Log in to rate this item.There are currently no ratings for this item. Be the first to rate this item.

Product Questions And Answers

Q: How many peppers cone in a 12.7 oz can of Del Destino whole peppers. Thanks
A: There are around 10-15 peppers per can.


from Spain by La Caperelle
5 out of 5 stars rating (1 review)
Sherry Wine Vinegar (Vinagre de Jerez)
from Spain by Don Bruno
Green Olive Spread - Tapenade
from Greece by Divina
White Truffle Oil
from Italy by La Truffiere
5 out of 5 stars rating (2 reviews)